You’ve watched the world’s best poker pros compete on TV. Now you can compete in tournaments — anytime, anywhere in New Jersey.
Online poker tournaments offer you the chance to win a lot of money for a small buy-in. We’re talking potentially thousands of dollars in a few short hours. Never played in a tournament? It’s easy:
- Find a poker tournament that works for your schedule.
- Buy into the tournament by paying the buy-in and the entry fee.
- Come back before the tournament starts and you’ll be taken to your seat once players are being seated.
- You’ll receive the same chip stack as anyone else.
- Play poker and try to build that chip stack higher and higher.
- As players bust out of the online poker tournament, tables will consolidate. Eventually, one final table will remain. Survive the tournament and you’ll win the first place prize. In many cases, multiple players get paid out.
Types of tournaments:
- Heads Up Tournaments: It’s you against your opponent (the villain). You buy directly in and play whenever the mood strikes. Once your opponent sits down, the Heads Up tournament begins.
- Sit & Go Tournaments: You are playing against a fixed number of players (i.e., Six Max Sit & Go will have six players). You buy directly in and play whenever the mood strikes. As soon as there are enough players for a full table, the Sit & Go begins
- Multi-Table Tournaments: Multi-table events begin at a specific day and time. In this format type, multiple tables of players play down to just one table, where a winner will eventually be crowned.
- Qualifiers: This type of tournament awards entries into larger buy-in tournaments as prizes. This is a great option for players who want to get a seat in a big buy-in event by investing a small amount of money.
- Satellites: This type of tournament awards entries into larger land-based buy-in tournaments as prizes. These tournaments typically run alongside Qualifiers, providing players great opportunity to win a seat into a larger buy-in into a land-based event.